Saturday, September 2, 2017

FRUSTRATED WITH LIFE, "Health"




“It took a lot of willpower, but I finally gave up dieting.”


“Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.”
Buddha


“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”
Jim Rohn


HEALTH Statistic

More than half of Americans have chronic health problems according to a 2016 Emory University study.



Chapter 9:
Health


A comedian claimed he saw a tombstone inscribed, “I told you I was sick!” Sadly, several of the bloggers below tell of mystery illnesses for which they are getting little help. #309 has been sick for 5 years, and he is going bald, and his girlfriend left him, and the company he worked for has closed down. #446 fears the cause of her terrible headaches is an incurable neurological disease, and yet she cannot get any sympathy…she ends up crying in the shower.

A quarter of us will die of cancer, and #75 was just so diagnosed. The father of #337 is dying of cancer, too, and the insurance company will not pay for a treatment that might be beneficial: “I hope everything burns one day,” writes his son.

#121 is too depressed for a mere 750 characters to explain it, and #34 is simply sick and tired of being sick and tired.

We are all under a death sentence. With exercise and diet and prudent risk-avoidance, we can delay that date…if we don’t get hit by a car, like my sister’s oncologist and like my mother’s ophthalmologist. Even doctors die.

Our choices in life are often constrained by age, gender, race, talent, location, era, finances, time, and especially health. If you are healthy, enjoy yourself while you can! If you are sick, you deserve our compassion and our understanding of your frustration.

At least we have modern medicine and modern conveniences to make our lives longer and more pleasant. Centuries ago, Hobbes wrote about human life in the wild, without civilization, as being “solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short.” Short seems to have been the good part.

Douglas Winslow Cooper, Ph. D.


#6
Im allergic to dust :-(

#7
So I go in to the dentist for a really bad tooth ache, and they tell me that I need $4,000 worth of work...and the insurance company only covers $175. WTF???

#22
fat people shouldn't be allowed to give diet advice just sayin

#34
i am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired all of the time

#75
found out today that I have cancer

#121
Im struggling to free myself from depression, but every time I feel like Ive reached that silver lining, the ground under me crumbles and Im back in the hole I fell in before. I just want out. I want stability, health, balance. Thats all. Im trying hard to regain my health, to refocus on my studies, to be diligent in my job, but I hate the fact that 1 event trips me up so easily. I want to change the way I think. I want to be stronger. I need to leave the environment Im in. However, I cant escape. I just dont want to go back to that time where I was so far gone. I dont want to go back to the hospital, feeling that hopelessness, the shame, the guilt, the emptiness. I thought I could vent here, but 750 characters just isnt enough...

#309
I am losing my patience now.i am suffering from which disease even i dont know. Since 5 years i am consulting doctor and 1 tine operated also but still the same nothing good. I am feed up with this stomach problem. Sometime it feels that i should end my life. That not all along with this problem i started losing my hair from all over the body at an early age. My gf dumped me. My office shut down leaving me unemployed. My life is simply become hell there is no way of hope i see. What should i do? I dont know. I am just suffing all of this day to day....

#337
My father is dying from cancer and he only has 2 months to live. This isn't what's frustrating me, and I use the work frustrated very lightly because there is nothing in the world to describe what I feel right now. He has two months to live because the insurance company wouldn't pay for it and we didn't have the money to pay for it. How in the fuck does a piece of paper dictate life and death for a human being. Where have we gone so wrong that currency has fucking superceded a life. My dad is going to be dead in December because a company decided his life wasn't worth paying for. My dad worked hard, he never messed around, and he always did what he could to be there for us. There is no goddamn justice in this world and there never has been, and if there was a god, it either died a long time ago or its the most sadistic being to ever come into existence. Maybe thats the most frustrating notion of all, that despite what religion and the media want you to believe, there is no fairness or karmic justice done. He's going to die, and the CEO of the company is still going to be a rich motherfucker at the end of the day. I hope everything burns one day.

#408
I m 26 yr old mother of 2 yr baby girl. After my delievery their was not even a single day when i felt that today i m felling fine. Since last two years. I am getting low day by day. I went in depression i am having chest pain i have regular headache problem. i m scared of all these my situation thats why i m not able to sleep properly . Now days because of underweight problem i am feeling so weak. I m not able to live my life normally. I m just frstrated from my life. I dont know why i am living???

#446
I have horrible headaches that make me fall over bc they hurt so much, horrible stomach issues with like cramps and diarrhea and I went to physical therapy and they told me I’m weak and all this and stuff and said I might have this disease called ehlers-danlos syndrome because he said a lot of me is hyper mobile so now I match almost all the symptoms and I don’t have my next neurology appointment until December and I also have anxiety so I’m stressing about it because all my life I’ve always told my parents there is something wrong with me and they never believed me and now every night for the past week and probably the weeks to come I’ve been sobbing in the shower so nobody will hear me!! I cry so hard that nothing comes out but huffs and I have to do PT stretches and strengthening exercises that make me cry because I’m so weak. I don’t know how many more days I can stand to be waiting anxiously until I find out I have an incurable disease that could put me in a wheelchair.. Thanks a lot world another great strike for me NOT IM SO ANGRY AND SAD AND GRRRR IM JUST SO DONE RN


***

Excerpted from Guzman and Cooper (2017), FRUSTRATED WITH LIFE? YOU ARE NOT ALONE! based on years of blog entries at http://FrustratedWithLife.com. The book is available in paperback at amazon.com.


Would-be authors are invited to see my site WriteYourBookWithMe.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment