Saturday, December 8, 2018

WHAT EVER HAPPENED...? "Magnet Quotes"



        Like all the signs I have around my house, I also have a record-breaking amount of well-worded magnets. I giggle sometimes when I watch a TV show or movie, and I see a refrigerator door that is empty. Mine is so cluttered, I’m lucky I can find the handle! Not only are they displayed on my fridge, I also have many on my dishwasher, the inner side of my front door, my car,  and any other magnetic surface I can adhere them to.
        Here are some of my favorites [with my add-in comments for some of them]:
·       Choose happy
·       It’s hard to be optimistic when your fat pants are tight
·       If a messy kitchen is a happy kitchen, mine’s delirious!
·       I wish I was as trim as I was when I thought I was fat
·       Without bacon, life is just lettuce and tomatoes [I LOVE BLTs!]
·       The way to a woman’s heart is through the door of a good restaurant
·       Me + Chocolate = Happiness
·       A clean house is a sign of a wasted life [Go have some fun!]
·       Let go or be dragged
·       Life’s challenges are God’s way of teaching us to trust Him
·       Don’t you dare call me ma’am [Waitresses and waiters get a better tip from me when they call me “Miss” or “Ms.”]
·       If you’re not happy with what you have, imagine not having it
·       When things go wrong, go right to God
·       Book junkie
·       God adores the sound of your voice – talk to Him often
·       Crazy dog lady
·       God is everywhere – even at your wit’s end
·       As a matter of fact – the world does revolve around my dog
·       I am in great shape – and the shape is round
·       Keep calm and wag on
·       I know I’m in my own world… it’s okay – they know me here
·       I understand the concept of cooking and cleaning – just not as it applies to me
·       Danger! Disaster area
·       No, my window isn’t dirty. It’s the dog’s nose prints
·       It took a lot of willpower, but I finally gave up dieting.
·       Teaching: Not in it for the income, in it for the outcome
·       Health food makes me sick. [I love my nutritionist, Ingrid, who is trying her hardest to get me to enjoy healthier food.]

       So, you can see by these last couple of chapters, my possessions are not just for their normal use, but also for inspiration. 







I (Douglas Winslow Cooper) have been excerpting, weekly, material from this almost-final version of the fine book by Janet Johnson Schliff, M.S. Ed., which she wrote over a three-year period with some coaching and editing help from me, through my business, Write Your Book with Me.

Her memoir is now available in paperback and ebook formats from Outskirts Press  and amazon.com



                                              ###

BOOK TALKS AND SIGNINGS


Janet Johnson Schliff spoke at the Oblong Books Bookstore in Rhinebeck, NY, on Tuesday, February 6 at 6 p.m.

Janet was on WKNY Radio 1490 in Kingston, NY, on Thursday, March 1 at 9:10 a.m. 

Janet spoke at Barnes & Noble in Kingston, NY, on Saturday, March 3 at 1 p.m. 

Janet spoke at the Starr Library in Rhinebeck, NY, on March 6 
at 7 p.m. 

Janet spoke at the Golden Notebook Bookstore in Woodstock, NY, on March 17 at 2 p.m.

Janet spoke at the Morton Library in Rhinecliff, NY, on March 28 at 6:30 p.m. 

Janet spoke at RCAL in Kingston, NY, on April 3 at 4 p.m. [They gave her an impromptu book-launch party.]

Janet spoke at the Parkinson's Support Group at the Starr Library in Rhinebeck, NY, on April 4 at 2:30 p.m.

Janet spoke at the Stone Ridge Library in Stone Ridge, NY, on April 27 at 5:30 p.m.

Janet spoke at the Hurley Library in Hurley, NY, on May 4 at 6 p.m.

Janet spoke at the Kingston Library in Kingston, NY, on May 9 at 6 p.m.

Janet spoke at the Staatsburg Library in Staatsburg, NY, on May 14 at 7 p.m.

Janet spoke at the Clinton Community Library in Rhinebeck, NY, on May 31 at 6:30 p.m.

Janet spoke at the Mountain Top Library in Tannersville, NY, on June 9 at noon.

Janet spoke at the Gardiner Library in Gardiner, NY, on June 11 at 7 p.m.

Janet spoke at the Marbletown Community Center in Stone Ridge, NY, on June 20 at 6 p.m.

Janet was interviewed on radio station WTBQ-FM (93.5) on June 29 at 12 p.m.

Janet spoke at the Esopus Library in Port Ewen, NY, on July 13 at 7 p.m.

Janet spoke at the Pine Plains Library in Pine Plains, NY, on July 20 at 6 p.m.

Janet spoke at the Ulster Library in Kingston, NY, on July 23 at 5:30 p.m.

Janet spoke at the Northern Dutchess Bible Church in Red Hook, NY, on August 11 at 1 p.m.

Janet spoke at the Inquiring Minds Bookstore in New Paltz, NY, on September 6 at 7 p.m.

Janet spoke at the Adriance Library in Poughkeepsie, NY, on September 15 at 2:30 p.m.

Janet was interviewed on radio station WRIP-FM (97.9) on September 21 at 8 a.m.

Janet again spoke at the Mountain Top Library in Tannersville, NY, on September 22 at noon.

Janet spoke at the Enchanted Cafe in Red Hook, NY, on September 28 at 7 p.m.

Janet spoke at the Hyde Park Library in Hyde Park, NY, on October 4 at 7 p.m.

Janet participated in an Author Weekend at the Barnes & Noble in Poughkeepsie, NY, on October 14 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Janet spoke at the Tivoli Library in Tivoli, NY, on October 22 at 5:30 p.m.

Janet’s interview for the TV program Wake Up with Marci on the You Too America Channel aired on Monday, November 5, and Friday, November 9. It can now be found on the Internet.

Janet spoke at the Germantown Library in Germantown, NY, on November 7 at 6:00 p.m.

Janet will participate in the Red Hook Middle School's College and Career Cafe in Red Hook, NY,  on December 19 at 10:30 a.m.



More signings will be coming up. A fine feature about Janet by John DeSantos [845 LIFE] appeared in the Middletown Times Herald-Record on Monday, March 12, as part of Brain Injury Awareness Month. An article about her book was just published in the May 2018 Living Rhinebeck Magazine. An article about her book appeared in the May 14 Daily Freeman of Kingston, NY. and another in the Family Life section of the Poughkeepsie Journal on June 8th. The Millerton News published an article on Thursday, August 2, about her talk at the Pine Plains Library. 




No comments:

Post a Comment