Saturday, September 24, 2011

BIRTHDAY GIRL -

From Ting and I

 

It surprises us how well Tina keeps track of the birthdays of friends and family. I’ve got to have them written down to have a hope of remembering most of them.

 

My sister’s birthday is August sixth, the same day of the year we bombed Hiroshima with an atomic bomb. I’m not saying that my sister reminds me of that explosive event, but it is a memorable date. It is not surprising that Tina remembers that one, but she does surprise with some of the others. She likes to keep track of them because she likes to order cards, sometimes gifts, well ahead of time.

 

In mid-May this year, Tina told me she wanted me to order Diana’s present, a very nice perfume. She knew the birthday was August sixth, three months away, but she wanted us to be ready. She even plans Christmas presents way ahead, when I’m anticipating the Fourth of July.

 

“Birthday girl” reminds me: When I enter the Tingdom while she is being given a bath in bed, I’ll sometimes compliment her on her outfit, her birthday suit. My birthday girl.

Dressed, she is a present wrapped for me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment