Sunday, March 26, 2017

Frustrated with Life? Introduction

I must admit, this is not the type of book I would normally create.



I’m used to writing educational pieces for business owners that want to grow their business through traditional and digital marketing strategies.

I love what I do, and I have loved it for the past twenty years.

So, why write a book about such a negative subject?

Mainly because it’s necessary in today’s society, and for whatever reason, I’m always trying to fix things. Not that this book will fix how people feel in any way, shape, or form. However, if it at least shines a light on the fact that there are people out there with much worse stories, perhaps you can look at your story and feel that your life is a bit more manageable.

When I first created FrustratedWithLife.com in 2009, I did it because I noticed people needed an anonymous outlet.

People needed to vent their frustrations without prejudice. Anonymity seemed like the best way to do this.

When I created the site, I didn’t really promote it. I didn’t write a press release. I didn’t tell many people about it. I simply asked a few people to go to the site and write a few things that frustrated them.

To this day, I still don’t know who, among those I invited, actually posted something. Of those that I do know who took the time to post, I don’t know which of the posts referred to their situation.

Posting anonymously, in my opinion, makes it easier for anyone to get their frustrations “off their chest” and feel better about their situation. This has been proven by the various posts from people who are thankful for the existence of the website.

It has been 7 years since I created the site, and unlike any of my other virtual real-estate, I have not monetized it in any way. I simply left it alone, and people found it on their own.

No, it doesn’t have thousands, or millions of posts. Therefore, in the eyes of many, this is not a successful venture. It is successful to me. As you read through some of the posts within this book, you’ll see why I feel that this site is indeed very successful.

I invite you to read through each post, and see if any of them resonates with you, or your situation.

Just so you know, I purposely required my editor to leave all posts as they were written. I’m sure he was extremely frustrated to see such bad grammar, incorrect punctuation, run on sentences, etc., and Know that he was instructed to leave them as they are.

I left them as they were posted on the website because I want you to see exactly what was written, the format used, and the words utilized to express their frustrations.

I wanted this book to be as authentic as possible.

So, why, after so many years, did I choose now, to write the book?

With all the frustrations people are expressing on Social Media platforms, many people have shed a light on their darkest side. Friends are de-friending each other. Relationships are ending at a much faster rate than usual. People are losing jobs because of the frustrations they are expressing as themselves.

Yes, sometimes you want to know what people are thinking, and if whether they share the same thoughts as you.

We all want to be on the same page while in a relationship of any type. However, I’ve found that sometimes you don’t want others to know that you feel a certain way about something, because feeling that way does not define you as a human being. Yet, sometimes, we are judged accordingly.

Take the time to read through each post. Is your life similar, better, or worse? Do you have something to get off your chest or confess? Is there a secret you just have to share before you explode, but can’t?

Now you can.

This book is proof that you can be frustrated with life, and still be a functioning, prosperous member of society because people’s judgments can’t affect you.

Oh, by the way, there’s a lot of foul language in here. So, if you’re offended easily, this may not be the book for you.


Edison R. Guzman

by Edison R. Guzman and Douglas Winslow Cooper, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment