Friday, July 20, 2018

Another Social Media Phony



Over the past few months, I have had an occasional correspondence with a guy I met through LinkedIn. He wanted to know how to get into Harvard (where I got my Ph.D.) and then he wanted me to recommend him. I wrote that I did not know him well enough and that my recommendation would not carry much weight anyway, as I left the faculty there 35 year ago. 

Then he asked for my help in becoming a better writer, so I sent him some of my material, including an MS Doc efile of my book WRITE YOUR BOOK WITH ME.  

Ostensibly, he was going to have me coach him, which I would do a bit of for free.

The name he gave me did not ring quite true, however, and so I checked him out at his LinkedIn profile, where he now claims he has graduated from Harvard University! 

"Fake it 'til you make it" destroys trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment