Saturday, April 1, 2017

FRUSTRATED WITH LIFE? Chapter 1








“If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds’ worth of distance run….”
Rudyard Kipling, “If”


"Life is what we make it. Always has been. Always will be."
Grandma Moses


"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley


LIFE Statistic

Pew Research Center (2014): Life satisfaction worldwide increases as income increases, but “people prioritize non-material things---such as good health and a quality education for their child---as most important in life.”

“Social and political upheaval takes a heavy toll.”

“People in Asia and Africa are the most optimistic about the future---Middle Easterners are the least.”
 


I’ve ordered the book by the number of posts within each category. The category with the largest number of posts was listed first in the book, and the smallest amount of posts within each category was listed last.

The category “Life” was by far the category with the most postings. I guess it makes sense, since the web site is FrustratedWithLife.com.

Peruse the posts and see what people just like you are posting online. You’ll never know who’s posting. It could be your neighbor, relative, friend, or spouse.

Life itself is full of surprises. Frustration comes from not getting the results you expected, so the next time you feel frustrated, try and focus on all the other times your plans did worked out as expected. Then ask if there is anything else you can do to change the results of the outcome. If you are not in control of the situation, simply acknowledge that.

If you can control aspects of the situation, ask yourself, which aspects you can control, then try again.

As you read through these posts, you’ll notice that frustration can lead to a greater realization of self, or can be as deadly as contemplating suicide.

Keep in mind that you become what you focus on most of the time.

Edison R. Guzman


#2
Not getting laid in 5 years... im 23, run my own business, and have an english accent ffs

#3
Being socially awkward around new people, which in turn leads them to believe im incapable with responsibilities, socially inadequate, and overall aloof.

#4
Slip up my words, sentences, and thoughts often through-out the day being sober than smoking weed. (but a plus side being less paranoid, go figure)

#5
Contemplating shutting down the business, which in itself is frustrating because of the amount of time, energy, and money Ive put into it so far. Part me of feels like quitting because ive lost passion for audio, but another part says hold on

#6
Been working at changing my life-habits for a long time by meditating, eating healthier, etc. I get all psyched up to do something spectacular, then eventually I burn out and end up getting nothing accomplished/changes.

#7
I feel that my friends are slowly becoming incompatible with me. Theyre happy watching movies, playing board games, and drinking. This is frustrating because I love them all, but they expect me to join in on their nerdy stuff, but when time comes to something I want to do they all bail.

#8
im quite a sensitive dude, which leads to over-thinking things I shouldnt really be bothered about, holding back what I say, and being too passive.

#9
When I look at gorgeous woman, I enjoy the sights yet dont feel any drive/excitement because I know with my current mind-set I wont be getting anything anytime soon

 ###

This is the beginning of Chapter 1 of this book by Edison R. Guzman and Douglas Winslow Cooper, published this year and available in paperback and ebook formats through amazon.com.






No comments:

Post a Comment